There’s just NOTHING mentally healthy about reading depressing pandemic news all day long. So why are so many of us ADDICTED to it?
There’s a new term that describes sitting around, scrolling through your phone, reading depressing news for hours and hours: “Doomscrolling.”
So, what can you do instead?
A new survey asked people what they’re doing to stay mentally healthy right now. And here are the top five answers . . .
- Checking in with family, 60%.
- Trying to exercise more, 35%.
- Limiting news consumption, 30%.
- Making plans for once the pandemic is over, 30%.
- Doing nice things for other people, 29%.
( / )